Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Sunday, 17 February 2008

Life at Primi is not easy...

 
My wife and I went to a restaurant last night called Primi.
Wonderful food, massive portions and reasonably priced.
Before your ask, they are not sponsoring this blog.
 
As mentioned, the portions are massive and I ended taking a "doggy bag" home.
On the take away box it has the following writing....
 
"Do you belong in our ranks? Life at Primi is not easy.
As a recruit, you will endure severe training and ceaseless drills.
Exhaustion will become your friend. Sloth will become your enemy.
When we are satisfied, you will become part of our team.
You will find new meaning. You will serve with honour; you will turn chaos
into orders and you will fight for perfection, no matter the conditions.
But you will learn from the best. Then you will lead them.
And you will do it all in the name of work because work is love made visible."
 
Sound familiar??

1 comment:

Coatesman said...

And you will do it all in the name of work because work is love made visible.

Oh how true this is!! In Church circles we would never dare say ...
"And you will do it all in the name of work"

But the bible does say something very similar to "work is love made visible"

I have found myself too often trying to prove my love in work. Which in most cases only leads to dead works.

I think there is a place for this, but only on the back drop of total eternal security in Jesus and and knowing and feeling totally accepted and loved by God.

My experience is that if this is not the case and there is even the slightest doubt about these two things, our works can become for merit or favor.

Often we get confused about when the bible speaks about works saying that without works there is no faith. I think the danger again is using works to try and validate our faith. Instead of our faith over flowing into natural 'works'.

Where there is true faith ..works will follow, but we can not put the cart before the horse.

I am learning now to focus on my faith more than the things I do, and it is wonderfully beautiful.

Coatesman