Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Monday, 11 February 2008

A Grace Church

I had a wonderful experience last night, and yes I will say again 'experience!'

For too long I have been bound up in this place that we seek only God and not His experience ... the whole 'Seek Giver not the gifts' How pathetic is that!! What kind of relationship would my wife and I have if we never experience each other?

Oh Lord, let me experience everything you have to offer, let me experience all of you.

Anyway back to the story .... as some would say that was just for free :-)

My wife and I went with a mate 'aka Pucky' to visit a little church in a coastal town called Umhloti lead by Ant Redman. We had heard that they were a 100% Grace based church, and how my eyes were opened. It had to have been one of the most down to earth church meetings I have ever been to.

These guys meet in a large lounge area at one of the guys house. Ant eventually kicked off after we had had some time to get meet some of the folk. He went straight into the word, not frills and oh 'scandal' no prayer to kick us off!!
After sharing on Gods promise of peace in our lives, we went into some worship. This was more like dancing with God than singing songs to some removed God high out of reach. This flowed into the bulk of the meeting were guys prayed and ministered to each other.

It seemed like God was moving in every one in one way or another. I wont go into everything that happened to me .... thats for another time.

And just as uneventfully as it started things slowly seemed to end. When we finally left the guys were still in a group praying for one of the guys.

To some of you you might be thinking, ya this is normal. But for me this was like being in a real 'church' meeting. I suddenly saw all the religious structures that held what I knew as normal church. This was more like the book of Acts kind of meeting.
I know that in big churches things need to be slightly more organized in order to facilitate what is going on.

But who said we have to off with a prayer .... especially to ask or beg God to visit!! Who said we need to have worship first .... oh to help us focus? Who said we have to have coffee, announcements, offering baskets past around for all to see if you put money in or not??
(Please dont here what I am not saying, I am not saying giving and tithing is wrong, I am not saying offering baskets are wrong ... but were did it come from? There is church different to the way we have have done it)

I don't have many or any answers to these questions, other than I experienced something real and pure and full of Him, beautiful and refreshing.

C

6 comments:

Grace said...

Yip, and fun was had by all.

jul said...

sounds quite glorious!

lydia said...

Now you're ruined for anything else, right!!!
I myself tend to struggle with structured meetings that don't allow for room for the Holy Spirit to move....

Unknown said...

Hey Buddy
So glad to hear that you are moving further into the wide open spaces.

Don't let a bitter root spring up when you start to feel anger at people who have misled you, held you back or controlled you...(trust me on this, it's no fun).
It will steal your joy, no matter how justifiable it is.

Joy and peace in the Holy Spirit to you and your fam..cheers..
yee hah!

Coatesman said...

Roy my man .... and friends :-)

I am Excited and sad all at the same time. Going to miss our church ...it really was 'our' church.

But I am going to enjoy taking some time out to enjoy God.

That said I have really no nasty thoughts for the guys left behind. I to was once in darkness and bondage. If anything I weep for them. Seriously I do, last night I again was overwhelmed by the guys in bondage and had a good solid drizz.

My hardest thing is staying silent, I have been asked not to speak to the guys in the church. This is hard for me!! I want to and have wanted to share the "GOOD NEWS" but I also dont want to be the cause of division in the church.

Fear of man?? I dont know.....

I guess I will just have to feel my way through this.

C

perfected said...

Hi C, you are doing fine man, and I want to encourage u to just walk trusting the Spirit in you. God is taking you on a path of time out with Him, and there will come such a refreshing and restoration that you are going to bubble over with LIFE, the promise is that you are entering into a time of enjoyment(may not make sence now) But God says you are going to live life and enjoy life like you never even thought possible! He is the author of your life and no mans dictates or words can stifle this Life that will be flowing forth from you like a mighty rushing river! Go for it and take confidence in what God says about you.