Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Love Louisa...(25Mar08)

Hi Everyone,

Over the last while I have been thinking about being accepted by God. What an amazing concept!

It all started when I received a scripture from a woman at a ladies camp last year. At the beginning of the weekend away, we were all urged to pick a name out of the hat and pray for and find a scripture or some prophetic insight for that person.

At the end of the weekend an older new Christian, who had been praying for me, apologetically gave me Song of Solomon's 2:3. All I want is to sit in His shade, to taste and savor His delicious love. He took me home with Him for a festive meal, but His eyes feasted on me! I glanced at it thanked her thought that's great and didn't really think of it again, until recently. Little did she know how significant it would become to me. Now I often think of it and experience with amazing reality just that, Jesus seeking me out to catch my eye and look approvingly and lovingly at me!

Could this be real or is it just wishful thinking? It's very rare to be unconditionally accepted by anyone. The only times maybe is when we're babies and when we fall in love. Notice how new parents gaze lovingly at their darling babies who are perfect in every way and can do no wrong. And those newly in love, it's lovely to watch. All that loving acceptance and delight in one another. But how long does that last? Soon certain expectations have to be met and disappointments creep in. Fortunately in most cases love is enough to keep relationships strong but unconditional acceptance is long gone.

Is it the same with God? Does He accept us unconditionally in the beginning of our relationship and then expect certain things from me for me to be accepted. Or is His acceptance unconditional too?

I looked up scriptures pertaining to being accepted by God and found, in the Old Testament being accepted by God is conditional on what I do to please God (works) or someone else, like a priest or leader, offering a sacrifice on my behalf to make me acceptable to God. Exodus 28:38, Ezekiel 20:40 and Job 42:9.

But in the New Testament acceptance by God is linked to me accepting what Jesus Christ did for me. Ephesians 1:3-8 and 13-14 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will-to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace the He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of His glory.

WHAT ACCEPTANCE!!!!

I don't know about you, but I do much better around those who love and accept me. The Message Bible puts it this way in Colossians 1: You yourselves are a case study of what He does. At one time you all had your backs turned to God, thinking rebellious thoughts of Him, giving Him trouble every chance you got. But now, by giving Himself completely at the cross, actually dying for you, Christ brought you over to God's side and put your lives together, whole and holy in His presence. You don't walk away from a gift like that! You stay grounded and steady in that bond of trust, constantly in to the Message, careful not to be distracted or diverted.

It's so freeing to know that I'm acceptable to God no matter what. This frees me to want to do what pleases God.

I asked God for confirmation of this unconditional acceptance, because sometimes head knowledge isn't enough personal experience is great too. At a meeting I attended recently where we were worshiping and connecting with God, I saw a sign being placed on the heads of all those there that said "Accepted by God", almost like a SABS stamp of approval, only much, much better! It did something for me knowing that I'm walking around with God's stamp of approval on me for the entire world to see!

And now having God seek me out, I often feel His loving eye on me, I see the love He has for me streaming out of His eyes, and I know I am more than just acceptable to Him. He loves and approves of me. He's pleased with me. What more can I say accept that the same goes for you too!

Lots of love

Louisa

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi there.. what a lovely fragrant word - thanks Lou.
Trust you are all well.
We are looking forward to our conference - 7-11 April.
Wayne is the main speaker and we are seeing prophetically and trusting for God to move in marvellous ways. - wish you could join us, I miss you guys so much
Lots of love
Roy