Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Sunday, 02 March 2008

Don't mess with my salvation!

Isaiah 26v1 In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: "We have a strong city; [God] will appoint salvation [for] walls and bulwarks.
 
Isaiah 60v18  Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, And your gates Praise.
 
Eph 6v17 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
 
I am of the firm opinion that once saved always saved. I know that there may be many of you that believe otherwise, but this post is not to try and promote either doctrine.
 
What I am however trying to show is how critical our opinion of our salvation is to the security we have in whom we serve.
 
From the above 3 scriptures we can see that salvation is a from of defence and protection.
The removal of a wall to a fortified city makes it, well, just a city. Open to attack and plunder.
The removal of a helmet in our armour makes us vulnerable to a head injury.
 
It is a very clever tactic to tell a believer that they can loose their salvation if they don't do this, or if they have done that.
By believing lies, We are in effect, taking our helmets off and leaving our minds totally vulnerable and open to attack.

By us believing that our walls can be removed by our actions, does not make for a very secure fortress.
 
Exodus 15v2 The LORD [is] my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He [is] my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will exalt Him.
Isaiah 26v1 and Exodus 15v2, tells us that it is God who "appoints" our salvation. It is He who provides our security.
 
I thank God that my salvation is His responsibility. I never have to rely on my strength or competance.
I never have to doubt my salvation at any time as my God is faithful.
 
Exodus 14v13-14 And Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. 14"The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."
 
 
 
 

No comments: