Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Sunday, 20 January 2008

Love Louisa...(20Jan08)

Hi everyone,
 
The start of a New Year in South Africa has been very challenging so far. I have found that the election of Jacob Zuma as president of the ANC and the recent frequent electricity blackouts have most people including Christians giving up. Many are either planning or scheming how to leave the country. Others have checked out mentally living in denial. Some have even thrown their hands up in the air spiritually giving up on the idea that prayer works and that we as Christians can make any difference.
 
I must say I have alternated between all three... But quietly in the back of my mind I hear the Holy Spirit speak and I feel differently again.
 
When Jesus came, the Jews saw Him as a political saviour who would rescue them from harsh Roman rule. Even the people close to Him, to the very last believed this. They missed what God was doing right before their eyes, because they were looking through natural rather than spiritual eyes! Jesus came to restore the Kingdom of God to earth and this had nothing to do with the natural earthly comfort of His followers.
 
Surely the commission of Christians now is also to restore the Kingdom of God on earth too? Yes I do believe that God will do it, we read in Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, the people labour in vain. And in Zechariah 4:6 Not by might nor by power but by my Spirit says the Lord. God wants everyone to be saved. But we also have a part to play! 1 Timothy 2:1-4 I urge then, first of all, that requests, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good and pleases God our saviour, who wants all men to be saved.
 
I have always had a problem with prayer because why pray when God will do what He wants any way? Never the less I have continued to pray and when I was praying for this country last year with a group of friends we wrestled with the same thoughts. I felt that we were trying to twist God's arm to do what we want and I felt despondent. How can you fight God? And why would you want to? Then I saw us arm in arm with God like in a rugby scrum, working together to do God's will. That really helped my faith and made me want to pray again, knowing that we are working arm in arm with Him to do His will and not trying to persuade Him to do what I want in my limited understanding. Let us begin to more and more see things as God sees them...
 
Many people in South Africa have put their faith in the ANC ideology and because their expectations haven't been met I believe despondency and despair are making people angry and desperate. The country is ripe for revolution or revival.
 
And instead of the Christian's being sure of their faith and united in their goal to bring the Good News to those who desperately need it, many are aimless, fighting each other and not sure of what they believe. The devil must be satisfied.
 
It's time to get my act together and do what I can do, with God's help with all I have been given by Him to let God's will be done, His Kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven...Amen
 
Lots of love
Louisa 

 

No comments: