Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Monday, 18 August 2008

Wayne's World...(17Aug08)


Worship as living Sacrifices-Burning on the Alter
Wayne Duncan

Chapter 12v1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. 9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 20On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

For those of you who don't know…I am a surfer. Love it. Love the waves. The cool water, the closeness to nature and to God. Love catching waves, the feeling of speed as you fly down a wave, smacking a section. It's all tremendously satisfying.

Now we recently had a bad patch of waves. Terrible waves for a few weeks. This leaves a surfer feeling rather frustrated. We end up having what we call "slop sessions". This is surfing inferior waves, to stay fit. In the vain hope that we might find one good one amongst the mess.

To make things worse, I am in training. Trying to loose some extra kilos, get fit again. So I'm trying to diligently surf often regardless of the conditions.

Just to heighten the pressure on myself. I'm going on holiday for 10 days to one of the finest waves in the world. J-Bay and seals. Awesome waves. At a time of the year when you can get really big waves.

Well the weather changes, the west wind came through, and our best surf spot began to take shape. Finally we had good waves. The wind was good, the waves just right. Finally waves.

Here is what happened. As I was getting in my car to go surf, two people arrived to see my mom. I greeted them and headed for the beach. Reaching the beach I ran down to the look out spot to find…waves. Good waves. Two of my friends already out there enjoying the first good waves in weeks.

I excitedly ran back to the car. As I got to the car, I felt the holy spirit say.."go home and talk to those people, I want you to minister to the one person". It was clear…

Now the dilemma…what about the surf? So came the struggle, and the excuses…

Well they are going to another person in the church later for ministry..they can do it..

I really deserve this surf…i worked my off day, and night!!!

God wont mind if I don't!

I'm under grace, I don't have to do it!

God will still love me if I don't…

I don't feel like it!

So I decided to surf…but then I knew…

I will not enjoy it…I will feel bad, I will feel selfish, I feel that I missed the mark.

There was a tremendous clash between two forces within me. One that wanted to surf, one that wanted to do God's will.

I grabbed the steering wheel and literally let out a scream in pure frustration…

Settled now in my heart I went home. Where a wonderful time of sharing and ministry and love took place…It was a good time, and someone's life was changed, and a relationship was strengthened…

Friends, we will not always want to do the right thing!

Sometimes we need to do things we don't want to do!

It's called sacrifice. Out of love, no rules, no law, no manipulation, no condemnation when we don't. But something of a life surrendered to the prompting of God. A deep commitment within to do what he asks, and go where and when He says. Living in this place of submission our of love I think is something of what is going on in this passage…

Present yourselves as living sacrifices…Lord..I'll burn for you. I lay myself and all I am in worship to you on the alter…I lay me down. I give you my all. My ambitions, my plans, my weaknesses, my strengths, all I am good and bad…are yours…

Friends I'm talking about yielding to Him. Let's be totally constantly yielded to Him. This is our spiritual act of worship.

A totally yielded life towards God. A yielded marriage, a yielded job, a yielded prayer and word life. A relationship centered, love centered experience with God. A brokenness of surrender to God.

"Lord I want you and only you. I want your ways and nothing else. I want your will and noting else. Burn away that that is not of you. I give you all and my all. All I am. Everything, I yield it to you. Stir me Lord. Lead me Lord, guide me Lord, use me Lord. Lord I die, live through me. Let my life be yours. My thoughts yours. My words yours. I give me to you"

I think this is part of what it means, part of what "this is your spiritual act of worship" means..

Lets worship Him! Not that we can help it. We love Him. He loves us. Never to count our sins against us. He is always good, always faithful. It's not that we must worship Him…it's that once we see Him for who he really is, and see all he has done..when we see his grace…we cant help worshipping Him.




No comments: