Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Friday, 25 April 2008

Manifestations of the Holy Spirit

I got this from a brother this morning. Can anyone lend a hand here please.
 
"Shot dude........My one mate is a bit wierded out with the mainfestations of the spirit......
Please could you give me the scriptues that talk about this..like abraham under the spirit...etc....if you have time or all this info on hand i would really appriciat it.....I can only find a few.."
 

2 comments:

jul said...

Off the top of my head I remember an excellent message Rob Rufus did last year about when the Spirit manifests, he uses lots of Scriptural examples...I found it very helpful. It's from Jan 27 2007.

http://www.citychurchinternational.net/2007.html

Joel Brueseke said...

Hey friend,

In Abraham's case, I'd say that a one hundred year old man and his ninety year old wife having a baby is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit. But I can't find any scriptures that talk about him actually being under the Spirit.

There are several times when God spoke to Abram/Abraham. And in Gen 15:1 it says the Lord appeared to Abram in a vision. Same with various other people.

Other than Abraham, we see a few instances in which "the Spirit of the Lord came upon" various people. Judges 3:10, 6:34, 11:29, 14:19, 1 Sam 10:10 (Samuel), 11:6 (Saul), 16:13 (David), 19:20 ('the messengers of Saul'), and a few other examples in Kings, Chronicles, Ezekiel, etc.

As you also know, we see miracles spread out throughout both the Old and New Testaments. (One example of many: Aaron's rod becoming a serpent). I don't know if your friends is maybe looking for various examples like that? Those would definitely be manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

Other examples are not so much outward as they are inward, such as God changing people's hearts and speaking words to them that changed their outlook, their attitude, their peace, and changed the plans they had made, how they treated people, etc. In my life, this kind of manifestation has far more exceeded anything else.

I don't think I've been much help here, but I think that's because there are so many ways in which the Lord manifests Himself that it's hard to pinpoint just a few scriptures, but if your friend is looking for something more specific, I'm sure there are some scriptures that can perhaps help out.