Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Monday, 03 September 2007

A true image of God

I believe that until we understand what God is like we are going to be vulnerable to periods in our lives where we are infiltrated with a skeptical, cynical spirit that makes us barren and destroys future hope, aspirations and dreams.

I am not only talking about our Christian ministry, but also:
  • Promotion at work.
  • aspirations for a better marriage.
  • aspirations to achieve in sport.
  • aspirations to advance in life.
  • aspirations for our children.
  • a future hope.
I have a future hope of seeing churches planted in many nations of the world.
I have hope for every area of my life. I dream, I think, I live.
Why? Because I am not barren. I understand my Father. If we think God is a hard taskmaster, we will take our talents and bury them for we fear God.
If we realize he is not a hard taskmaster, we will take our talents and multiply them because we have vision, a confident hope and expectations for the future.
I refuse to allow people to distort or pervert the image of God to me because the Bible says that 'you will know truth, and the truth will set you free' (John 8:32).
My image of God is formed by scripture alone and not by religious bigots.

From: Living In The Grace Of God - Rob Rufus - Publisher: Zondervan Bible Publishers 1997

2 comments:

The Spindler Clan... said...

Okay, I don't agree!!! Explain the parable of the tallents...God is hard task master, He expects our level best, complete commitment and radical action. Anything less is unaceptable! I agree that we need to live in freedom, with a hope and aspirations, but do not fool yourself, God is tough. Ever heard the phrase "tough love"? Im my humble opinion, God is both exceedingly generous with our failures and tough as nails when we don;t try!

Grace said...

It's okay not to agree bro.

What God expects is:
Joh 6:28 Then they said to Him, What shall we do that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe on Him whom He has sent.

and what about:
Luk 10:38 And as they went, it happened that He entered into a certain village. And a certain woman named Martha received Him into her house. 39And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word.
40But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she came to Him and said, Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me. 41And Jesus answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things. 42But one thing is needful, and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.