Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Monday, 02 June 2008

Wayne's World...(2Jun08)

Biblical Manifestations
 
We're looking at manifestations of the Holy Spirit. In other words what happens, and what does in look like when the Holy Spirit moves among us, and how do we know when its authentic. We're not at all interested in the fake, we only want authentic, so what does that look like and how do we establish the authentic?
 
Last week we looked at authentic manifestations, what is the test.
 
Here is a brief recap.
 
How do we test if its real.
 
Firstly how we do not test it is by what it looks like, so how do we test it then?
 
1)      Is it biblical, or unbiblical.
 
2)      Does it release a spirit of worship
 
3)      Does it point to Jesus, draw us nearer to Him, or release intimacy with Him.
 
4)      It must release a deeper love for God, people and the lost.
 
5)      Is there fruit. Short and long term fruit. As well as salvations and the changed Christian life.
 
Our measure as always is the word of God.
 
God wants to open them up more (manifestations), we're in the shallows. Not restrict or balance them. We're not after the manifestations, but the manifestor. They must point to Jesus. When you've been in the presence of Jesus you leave more confidant and secure, and in love with Jesus, that's the test.
 
There is a fear in the body today, concerning fake signs wonders and manifestations. It's easy, do they glorify God. The problem is that many do not know God, so their discernment radar is broken. If you know Jesus and His glorious presence, you'll know when something is fake. If a woman impersonating my wife meets me at the door, and tries to seduce me, claiming to be my wife, I would know in a few seconds that is was not her, coz I know her intimately! Knowing the real identifies the fake. The problem is that those who know nothing or very little of the manifest presence, are trying to judge and evaluate the authentic, but don't know it.
 
Many have head knowledge, but no experience of God. Empty theology. God said I'll pour out my spirit on all flesh!
 
The more your under the operation of the anointing, the more you change. You don't change by keeping laws and rules, you change by the presence of God and the Holy Spirit working in you. The work of the Holy Spirit may look unnatural to the natural mind, but the results speak for themselves. It's difficult to explain emotions with words...define the feeling of love. It's difficult to feel thoughts, what feeling is 1+1=2. The same is true how to you intellectually describe, or emotionally feel spiritual matters? It may not always seem logical, and may not ever be logical. We see Jesus spitting in the ground, making mud and putting it on a persons eyes…just plain weird. We see God telling a prophet to lie naked on his side for years, as a sign…plain weird. You may say, "well why do that, and what's that for?" I'm sure. I don't know myself!
 
So we can't judge these things by how they look, they must be spiritually discerned.
 
Daniel 8:15 Then it happened, when I, Daniel, had seen the vision and was seeking the meaning, that suddenly there stood before me one having the appearance of a man. 16And I heard a man's voice between [the banks of] the Ulai, who called, and said, "Gabriel, make this [man] understand the vision." 17So he came near where I stood, and when he came I was afraid and fell on my face; but he said to me, "Understand, son of man, that the vision [refers] to the time of the end." 18Now, as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep with my face to the ground; but he touched me, and stood me upright.
 
Daniel 10:4 Now on the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, that [is,] the Tigris, 5I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist [was] girded with gold of Uphaz! 6His body [was] like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude. 7And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, for the men who were with me did not see the vision; but a great terror fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves. 8Therefore I was left alone when I saw this great vision, and no strength remained in me; for my vigor was turned to frailty in me, and I retained no strength. 9Yet I heard the sound of his words; and while I heard the sound of his words I was in a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground. 10Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and [on] the palms of my hands.
 
Daniel 10:16 And suddenly, [one] having the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips; then I opened my mouth and spoke, saying to him who stood before me, "My lord, because of the vision my sorrows have overwhelmed me, and I have retained no strength. 17"For how can this servant of my lord talk with you, my lord? As for me, no strength remains in me now, nor is any breath left in me." 18Then again, [the one] having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me.
 
19And he said, "O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace [be] to you; be strong, yes, be strong!" So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, "Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me."
 
Deep sleep Radan..the same word the bible used when God put Adam to a deep sleep.
 
So here we have falling trembling shaking, angelic visitations, visions, and all in a public place. It may not always be ordered and dignified. Some say, God would not embarrass you, or make you do anything undignified, well that's generally true, due to the goodness of God, but the greatness of God show us that he may do something different.
 
Is it dignified to be swallowed by a fish, or to be smacked off your donkey. Psalm 115 the Lord does what he pleases.
 
It's really pride and fear that resist these things. We don't ever want to loose control, or look foolish. "Lord touch me, but only the way that I like or want", this is not total surrender and trust, and will not bring you your divine encounter with the living God, who wants living sacrifices. For me there is a parallel for the Christian life here. He is looking for totally surrendered hearts. People who will go where He wants, say what He wants and intimately do whatever He wants. Like Jesus, the perfect model who said, my food is to do the will of the Father. If we can't surrender in the safety of the Christian family, how will we do it in the world. Will we respond to His prompting if we might look foolish. How can we step out and even share the gospel if were afraid of people, and what they may think or say. We learn in safety, and are empowered to have courage in the world. Total trust, total surrender, regardless of how it looks to man.
 
The other area that causes resistance to the flow of God spirit, is the indoctrination of the pharacees, the Sadducees and the wouldn't see's. Simply put, bad teaching about the move of the spirit by those who don't have or know the spirit.
 
The bible is full of manifestations and encounters, and the church by and large has none. Religious conservatism and pride must die. Dignity based on flesh and human pride, is not the environment for the Spirit to flow, rather He is grieved and hindered.
 
1 Samuel 19:23   Stripped naked, prophesied and loved
 
Genisis 15 :12     Abraham has a Ggod encounter, falls into a deep sleep.
 
Ezekial 3:23        Falling..
 
John 18:4-6         Fell in response to Jesus glory.
 
Acts 2:1-21         Drunkeness, disorder. What did that look and sound like?
 
Acts 9:3             Saul smacked off His donkey. Light from heaven. Heard a voice.
 
Here we have the very man who wrote 2 thirds of the new testament, being slain in the spirit, falling to the ground, seeing light, having heavenly experiences and hearing voices. Then we have people asking if its biblical to do the same when the very person who wrote the bible did it. He wrote the book that they are reading, asking I wonder if it ok to have an encounter.
 
Rev 1:17 Saw Jesus fell as thought dead.
 
The bible is the only foundation for true Christian theology and practices. It is full of many many other mighty manifestation and the effect that it had on Human beings.
 
How come then so little of these biblical manifestation are being experienced in the church today? The book of acts had these things happening every day, how come were not seeing it? How come? What's stopping it?
 
Sadly if the subnormal appears for too long then the subnormal becomes the normal. The subnormal has been around for centuries, so when the normal appears it seems abnormal. A simple open minded reading of the bible will reveal that the absence of the power and manifestation of God in abnormal. Revival is simply the church once again being wakened to experience normal Christianity. Throughout church history these manifestations have always appeared during revival.
 
An e mail from Patricia King, prophetess.
 
Friends,
 
The Lakeland meetings continue to bear fruit. As of yesterday, there are 15 documented resurrections reported that are directly related to the outpouring. Praise the Lord! Some are asking, "Is this a true work of the Spirit?"... Well, I guess we could leave it at this: "The gospel is being preached and people are daily being saved and filled with the Spirit. The Body is ministering daily on the streets. The sick are being healed, demons are being cast out, the dead are raised, and although I am not aware of any lepers yet being cleansed, there are many with skin conditions being cleansed and Jesus is being magnified and worshiped. I guess you can call it what you want... whatever it is... it makes me really, really, happy! I call it "revival", (Revival: to bring back to life, to refresh, to rejuvenate).
 
The faith measure in the Body is activated beyond anything I have ever seen (in fact, I see this outpouring as a revival of faith - faith to do the works of Jesus... it is contagious faith!)
 
I like her definition of revival
 
(Revival: to bring back to life, to refresh, to rejuvenate).
 
Why, it's to release and to empower people to do the works of Jesus.
 
We want to do some empowering, some reviving. Let's pray for folk and release an anointing to go do the works of Jesus. Were going to be praying for a greater measure of faith. For an increase in power to walk Godly lives. What area do you need His power is? In what area are you desperate for an intervention from God, today, give it to Him, surrender it, and receive power to effect that area.

No comments: