Hi this is our Blog on Grace. We hope and pray that the Grace of God will flood into your life like it has ours. A good place to start is to listen to the mp3 messages, they will not only turn your world around, you will feel like you have just been saved all over again!
New Nature Publications

Monday, 06 August 2007

Words from Louisa Stranack

Most of the scriptures are from the Message Bible.

I think one of the biggest traps Christians fall into is not thinking for themselves, not studying the bible for themselves. Not spending time with God learning from Him and consequently not being led by the Spirit. In other words relying on so called experts to determine what and how they should believe. Don't live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you know what the Master wants. Eph 5:15 Don't set people up as experts over your life, letting them tell you what to do. Save that authority for God; let Him tell you what to do. Matt 23:8-10

Author Gordon MacDonald says, in our pressurized society, people who are out of shape mentally usually fall victim to ideas and systems that are destructive to the human spirit and to human relationships. They are victimized because they have not been taught how to think, nor have they set themselves to the life-long pursuit of the growth of the mind. Not having the facility of a strong mind, they grow dependent upon the thoughts and opinions of others. Rather than deal with ideas and issues, they reduce themselves to lives full of rules, regulations and programmes. Or they simply give up!

Yes, I believe there is a place for leaders and the five-fold ministry-pastors, teachers, apostles, prophets, evangelists- in our Christian walk. But this should be an informed thought through submission and not a blind unquestioning allegiance. Because in the end it's to God that we will give an account of our lives. I've also come to the conclusion that you can't make informed decisions when you're bound, by the fear of man-a people pleasing spirit.

Drawn by the "Good News" I became a Christian and joyfully freely gave my heart to God and began to walk with Him, doing His will. But after 27 years of being born again, I came very close to giving up. I felt like an iron fist was clasped around my heart. I felt too tired and dispirited to go on. But I cried out to God and He heard my cry!

Slowly over the years I fell into the trap of trying to please man and play church. My heart was breaking I couldn't keep it up. Thankfully God called me back to Him and brought me back to my senses!

In my life what took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so I could be God's man. Gal 2:19

God promises in Matt 11:16-19, "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you will recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.

This is what I'm doing and slowly I'm learning once again- Gal 5:1 Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.

But this insidious pull away from freedom is subtle and relentless and has been ongoing since Jesus first preached the Good News! This battle is constant and has to be fought continually. The solution is not to fall back into a mixture of law and grace: It's all about relationship and not formula. Why don't you choose to be led by the Spirit and so escape the erratic compulsions of a law- dominated existence? Gal 5:18 (But if you obey the Spirit, the Law of Moses has no control of you, CEV)

Heretical teachers go to great lengths to flatter you, but their motives are rotten. They want to shut you out of the free world of God's grace so that you will be dependent on them for approval and direction, making them feel important.Gal 4:16-18

Adolf Hitler once boasted, "What luck for rulers that men do not think."

Lying preachers will come forward and deceive a lot of people. For many others, the overwhelming spread of evil will do them in-nothing left of their love but a mound of ashes. Staying with it is what God requires. Stay with it to the end. You won't be sorry and you'll be saved. All during this time, the good news-the Message of the kingdom-will be preached all over the world, a witness staked out in every country. And then the end will come. Matt 24:10-14

I don't want to be loose out I want to be all God has designed me to be.

I had a picture during worship this morning of a rose being crushed under foot. The picture was in black and white. Then the single colourless rose became a colourful bunch. Just like a photograph of a bride when the rest of the picture is done in black and white or sepia and the roses retained their beautiful red colour. Then I saw many pictures of people in partial colour, slowly the colour and life was returned in perfect splendour. Then I saw myself as a beautiful joyful bride, dressed in splendour, twirling around dancing. Restored!

The healing return to wholeness has begun, for me and for many others as we wake up to a fresh revelation of God's grace! Praise God!

Regards Louisa

1 comment:

Grace said...

This post has been written by a friend I trust. Someone who flows strongly in Gods prophetic anointing.
I have in no way altered the content of her letter.
I hope many people learn from this.